The Capacity Plan outlines the strategy for:
1) assessing overall solution and component performance and
2) using this information to develop the plan for component acquisition, configuration, and upgrade.
Planning for capacity ensures that the business requirements are efficiently and effectively met by the infrastructure and application elements of the solution.
It provides management with:
1) a clear statement of the capacities of all the resources and services required to operate the solution,
2) an assessment of current capacities,
3) a list of resources and services to be upgraded and to be acquired, and
4) a projection of resource and services capacities required by the solution in the future.
Click here to download the template.