Strategic Planning Essentials
Master Strategic Planning
Improve your Strategic Planning Skill Set through this one-of-a-kind how-to approach!
4x4 Onsite Targeted Training Course (4 Students for 4 Days)
From: Richard Frederick, PMP, MCP
Saturday 12:59 PM
Dear Friend, Strategic Planning is an organization's process of defining its strategy, or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources (money, materials, machinery, and manpower) to pursue this strategy.
Because the essence of management includes the ability to plan, as you work your way down the organization, planning moves from strategic to operational.
Normally, Strategic Planning is one of the principal responsibilities of senior management (CXO). However, once senior management decides on the strategy (the WHY), it becomes imperative that everyone in the organization implement the strategy through tactical operations (the HOW). This is why it is CRITICAL that EVERYONE in the organization understand how strategy works. Understanding the why helps to align everyone's activities towards the goals of the organization.
Fundamentally, Strategic Planning attempts to answer the question: Where do you want to be one year from now, two years from now, three years from now, etc.?
Strategic Planning also requires that an organization develop a vision of itself: How do you see yourselves in the future?
Where an operating plan is focused on the day-to-day activities of the organization, strategic planning looks at the big picture from a long-range perspective.
In this introductory course, you will learn key concepts and the language used by those involved in strategic planning.
You will learn techniques for ensuring success every step of the way; from identifying and analyzing strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats to making sure that the final product meets the requirements you identified.
Through hands-on exercises, you will learn to master strategic planning techniques that are effective for a wide variety of projects and audiences.
You will consider the unique needs of key stakeholders: customers, shareholders, employees, vendor partners, and the community as you work toward analyzing, building, and documenting the strategic plan.
NOTE: The class is built around the U.S. Department of Commerce: Criteria for Performance Excellence standard commonly known as the Malcolm Baldrige Award.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone wanting to enhance their strategic planning skills including:
* Application Support Analysts
* Business Analysts
* Business Consultants
* Business Customers, Users or Partners
* Business Intelligence
* Business Systems Analysts
* IT Business Analysts
* IT Project Managers
* Leader of Systems Projects or Teams
* Management Consultants
* Portfolio Managers
* Programmer Analysts
* Project Analysts
* Project Consultants
* Project Leaders
* Program Managers
* Project Managers
* QA Professionals
* QA Specialists
* Requirements Analysts
* Requirements Engineers
* Senior Business Consultants
* Senior Project Managers
* Senior Technical Business Analysts
* Systems Analysts
* Systems Architects or Designers
* Systems or Application Developers
* Software Engineers
* Systems Testers
* Team Leaders
- Section 1: Introduction to Strategic Planning - Strategic Planning helps management to "see" and understand the current situation. This in turn allows management to plan for the future. In a world of rapid change, it is becoming necessary for management to think strategically (plan for the future). And since the rate of change seems to be increasing, the importance of strategic planning continues to grow. In fact, the best-managed companies tend to engage in continuous strategic planning. Some organizations have intuitive thinkers who almost seem to see into the future. Therefore, strategic planning is a way of preparing for the future by attempting to simulate the future.
- Section 2: Profiling the Organization - The Organizational Profile provides an overview of your organization. The profile addresses your operating environment, your key organizational relationships, your competitive environment and strategic challenges, and your approach to performance improvement. The Organizational Profile provides your organization with critical insight into the key internal and external factors that shape your operating environment. These factors, such as the mission, vision, values, competitive environment, and strategic challenges and advantages, impact the way your organization is run and the decisions you make.
- Section 3: Leadership - Leadership addresses how your senior leaders guide and sustain your organization, setting organizational vision, values, and performance expectations. Attention is given to how your senior leaders communicate with your workforce, develop future leaders, measure organizational performance, and create an environment that encourages ethical behavior and high performance.
|Richard is an excellent instructor/ trainer. He is a walking encyclopedia of practical knowldege! He readily and successfully tranmits learning instruction, advice and industry nuances with an interesting and engaging style.|
Carlos Mongiello, Project Manager http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmongiello
- Section 4: Strategy - Strategic Planning addresses strategic and action planning, deployment of plans, how adequate resources are ensured to accomplish the plans, how plans are changed if circumstances require a change, and how accomplishments are measured and sustained. While many organizations are increasingly adept at strategic planning, plan execution is still a significant challenge. This is especially true given market demands to be agile and to be prepared for unexpected change, such as disruptive technologies that can upset an otherwise fast-paced but more predictable marketplace.
- Section 5: Customers - Customer and Market Focus addresses how your organization seeks to understand the voice of the customer and of the marketplace, with a focus on meeting customer requirements, needs, and expectations; delighting customers; and building loyalty. Your customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction results provide vital information for understanding your customers and the marketplace. In many cases, such results and trends provide the most meaningful information, not only on your customers? views but also on their marketplace behaviors (e.g. repeat business and positive referrals) and how these views and behaviors may contribute to the sustainability of your organization in the marketplace.
- Section 6: Measurement - The Measurement, Analysis, and Knowledge Management Category is the main point for all key information about effectively measuring, analyzing, and improving performance and managing organizational knowledge to drive improvement and organizational competitiveness. Central to such use of data and information are their quality and availability. Furthermore, since information, analysis, and knowledge management might themselves be primary sources of competitive advantage and productivity growth, this Section also includes such strategic considerations.
|Richard is an excellent instructor. I took a management course with him recently. He kept the class engaged while going through a seemingly dry material. Richard knows his teaching material well, and he is very resourceful. He has a good sense of humor and is very personable. I would strongly recommend Richard to any company that wants to seek his services.|
Brijen Doshi, PMP http://www.linkedin.com/in/brijendoshi
- Section 7: Workforce - Workforce Focus addresses key workforce practices: those directed toward creating and maintaining a high-performance workplace and toward engaging your workforce to enable it and your organization to adapt to change and to succeed.
- Section 8: Process - Process Management is the focal point for your key work systems and work processes. Agility, cost reduction, and cycle time reduction are increasingly important in all aspects of process management and organizational design. In the simplest terms, AGILITY refers to your ability to adapt quickly, flexibly, and effectively to changing requirements. Agility increasingly involves decisions to outsource, agreements with key suppliers, and novel partnering arrangements. Flexibility might demand special strategies, such as implementing modular designs, sharing components, sharing manufacturing lines, or providing specialized training. Cost and cycle time reduction often involve Lean process management strategies. It is crucial to utilize key measures for tracking all aspects of your overall process management.
- Section 9: Results - Results provides a measurement focus that encompasses your objective evaluation and your customers evaluation of your organizations products and services, your overall financial and market performance, your workforce results, your leadership system and social responsibility results, and results of all key processes and process improvement activities. Through this focus, the strategic purposes -- superior value of offerings as viewed by your customers and the marketplace; superior organizational performance as reflected in your operational, workforce, legal, ethical, and financial indicators; and organizational and personal learning -- are maintained. Results provides real- time information (measures of progress) for evaluation and improvement of processes, products,and services, in alignment with your overall organizational strategy.
Summary of Benefits: Click Here To Order Now
Specifically, you will learn how to...
* Understand what strategy and strategic planning mean to an organization
* Learn key concepts and the language used by those involved in strategic planning
* Discover various approaches companies use to develop strategy
* Find out how strategy moves from concept through implementation to realization
* Recognize techniques companies use to assess their current and future environments
* Identify specific ways you can contribute to your organization's strategic success
* What strategy and strategic planning really mean
* How strategy creates value for customers and stakeholders
* How companies develop strategy: seven strategic planning processes
* The strategic planning process in action: eight stages of a classic approach
* Assessing the environments
* Implementing strategy: how strategy cascades through the organization
* Identify strategic planning issues in order to develop a unique competitive advantage
* Learn key analytical and conceptual approaches to expand your understanding of the marketplace
* Align your organization with your strategic planning goals by integrating strategy, objectives, metrics and performance
* Identify evolving strategic patterns and generate ideas on how they can be applied to your organization
* Incorporate customer needs into your strategic planning
* Use a case study to examine the strategic planning process in detail
* Recognize how the actions of customers, competitors and your own company determine the outcomes in your markets
* Determine the best approach to effectively implement your strategic planning
About Onsite Targeted Training:
Onsite targeted training refers to instruction at a learning environment located on your premises or a facility of your choice.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
If you are responsible for choosing training for your organization, you know how difficult it is to find a training provider who is an expert you can rely on, is easy to work with, will work within your training budget - and can deliver exactly what theyve promised.
Thats where we come in. Not only will we provide you with world-class training thats earned us the enviable reputation as one of Americas leading training companies, we make it incredibly convenient!
With Onsite Targeted Training, you choose the time and the place, and we will be there with a skill-building training program tailored to your organizations unique needs.
Key Benefits Include:
* Onsite Targeted Training delivers a great Return on Investment (ROI):
Onsite targeted training is the perfect choice for companies that need to train groups of employees - from 4 to 400 or more. You get a maximum number of employees trained in new skills in a minimal amount of time. They receive the same message at the same time, creating synergy to the learning experience that gets everyone on the same page.
* Onsite Targeted Training addresses your unique skill-building challenges:
All our programs are tailored to your specific needs by evaluating your organizations skills and practices, and making recommendations for improvement. You choose a core topic from the literally hundreds we have to offer, and we work with you to tailor the training to solve the business challenges youre facing and cover the exact issues you want. We can even design a new course specifically for your organization.
* Onsite Targeted Training increases morale and loyalty, and lowers absenteeism:
Onsite training not only improves your employees skills, it inspires them to pull together as a team and creates a greater sense of job satisfaction. It lets them know you are investing in their future and as a result your organization realizes higher morale, lower absenteeism, and greater company loyalty from your team members.
* Onsite Targeted Training provides flexibility in location, format, and scheduling:
Onsite training can be held anywhere: your headquarters, a branch office, a nearby conference center or hotel, or even at your company retreat or conference. You also have options in format: half-day sessions, full day, two-day programs or ongoing modules. Finally, you have flexibility in scheduling. Training can be delivered any day of the week, nights, weekends and even holidays. Whatever makes it the most convenient and cost effective for your organization.
* Onsite Targeted Training maximizes your effectiveness through customization:
Training designed specifically for your organization and customized to cover industry-specific knowledge.
* Onsite Targeted Training improves with Executive Overview:
The instructor can meet with your management team to provide an overview of the course materials and the content of training sessions. This will ensure consistency in your organizations education and training strategy.
HOW DOES ONSITE TRAINING WORK?
Step 1: Contact Us with any pre-class training questions you might have.
Step 2: When you are ready to Purchase the Class, click on the PayPal button below.
Step 3: You will be redirected through our order tracking system (PayDotCom) to PayPal.
Step 4: Once you have completed your PayPal transaction, you will be redirected to our Course Scheduling page where you can download the class contents.
Step 5: We will contact you about Course Setup Dates and other logistics (such as travel, if needed).
Step 6: We will setup and execute our proprietary Targeted Training Assessment.
Step 7: We will deliver the Onsite Targeted Training course.
Step 8: After you complete the class and the course evaluation, everyone will receive a Course Completion Certificate.
WHY ARE WE ONE-OF-A-KIND?
We make the training process easy (EZ) for you.
All of our training programs can be tailored to your specific needs by evaluating your organizations skills and practices, and making recommendations for improvement.
We will work with you in pulling together organizational information that will allow us to tailor content to your specific industry, needs and audience.
You trainer will also speak with you directly to gain additional feedback and further personalize the material.
In short, you can expect:
* Cost-Effective and Convenient Training Delivery
* No cost or lost time for travel and lodging
* Courses delivered at the location and time of your choice
* Minimal disruption in workflow during employee training
* Training completed in a short amount of time
* Content can be customized to address the specific challenges faced by your employees
* Employees will use the same terminology, which will foster collaboration
* Questions about daily challenges are discussed and dealt with as a team
* Standardized training can be provided at all company locations in the United States and worldwide
* A well-defined curriculum development process
* An experienced development staff and trainer
* Continual feedback and curriculum prototyping to stay on track
* Well managed project timelines and on time delivery
* Guaranteed results.
|We Guarantee Customer Satisfaction.|
Because we guarantee customer satisfaction, our approach is to assure you are comfortable BEFORE you invest your time in the class. Once you have decided to purchase our product, we will contact you directly to explain how the system works and if you are still interested, we will schedule with you to take the course.
Practical Pricing Information
We recognize how competitive the training world is and that in order to win your business we must provide tremendous value for the money you spend with us.
First, we believe our training materials and approach are world-class and exceed those of our rivals.
Second, our starting price of $7987.00 covering 4 Students for a 4 Day class presented with this level of professional training is extremely competitive.
Finally, for organizations wishing to train more than 4 students, we offer generous quantity based, early payment discounts.
Look at it this way -- $7987.00 is really a painless drop in the bucket to be able to get your hands on ..The Strategic Planning Essentials Onsite Training Course.. and start using it right away to improve your organization!
You Really Can’t Afford Not To Invest In It's easy to get started right away. Just click the order link below. Click here to order right now for only $7987.00 (even if it’s 3:00 am in the morning).
“..The Strategic Planning Essentials Onsite Training Course..”
Onsite training is becoming more and more common today as organizations are looking for ways to train their personnel without having to pay for travel.
The prevalence of computers today have made onsite training easier than ever before.
There are many advantages to this type of training that benefit not only the organization but also the employee who is being trained.
One of the primary benefits is the ability to be trained in an environment that is familiar.
Many studies have shown that people who are trained in a familiar environment learn better than those who are in an unfamiliar environment.
When you are able to learn in a familiar environment the student will be better able to focus on the new material instead of their surroundings.
In addition, having training onsite is preferential because of the cost savings.
Instead of paying to send people to receive training elsewhere, organizations are choosing to train onsite because it saves a lot of money.
Even if the organization has to pay for people to come to them or has to pay for a program, this is usually much more affordable than paying for several people to travel whenever training is necessary.
Why not you?
Don't you owe it to yourself to try ..The Strategic Planning Essentials Onsite Training Course.. today?
Richard Frederick, PMP, MCP P.S. Training Pays Off...Particularly When Times Are Tough
Studies show that training has a positive impact on performance, for both students and their companies.
Benefits of training include maintaining a competitive position, improving quality and productivity, and increasing employee retention and morale.
Research also shows that training is even more important during times of economic stress.
During these times, companies pay extra attention to every dollar spent and every dollar made.
This is especially true for IT organizations, where technology advances at a gallop and the cost of keeping up is relentlessly weighed against potential productivity gains.
Companies must maximize their return on IT hardware and software investments.
Performance must be finely tuned.
Employees must have the skills to get the most out of their organizations network, applications, data centers, operating systems, managed services, and other IT infrastructures.
P.P.S Get Reimbursed For Training
Its All About Value
You know you need training; the trick today is how to pay for it and work it into your demanding schedule.
Staffing and budgets are flat or declining, but the IT workload is rising. Yet even with todays lean budgets, many IT professionals are getting the valuable training they need by locating training funds hidden in the most interesting places.
You can, too.
Many companies offer tuition reimbursement programs for their employees.
These companies view continuing education as a plus for the companys bottom line.
Employees who keep up their knowledge and skills tend to be more productive; employees working in a company that fosters employee growth tend to be more loyal to that company.
How To Determine Whether Your Company Offers Tuition Reimbursement
Considered an employee benefit, tuition reimbursement programs are often managed by the human resources (HR) department. In some cases, they may be tied to each departments training budget.
Talk with your manager or your HR office to see if your company has a tuition program.
Program requirements vary from company to company, so review the requirements carefully.
Some corporate policies state that reimbursement is available only as part of a degree program; some require a letter certifying course completion; and some have a golden handcuffs clause that requires repayment if you leave the company within a certain timeframe after your reimbursed training.
There can also be restrictions in that the reimbursement amount is tied to the letter grade received on the course.
If you have any questions about this course, please Contact Us.