Business Analysis Essentials
Master Business Analysis
Improve your Business Analysis Skill Set through this one-of-a-kind how-to approach!
4x4 Onsite Targeted Training Course (4 Students for 4 Days)
From: Richard Frederick, PMP, MCP
Saturday 12:59 PM
Dear Friend, BUSINESS ANALYSIS is the discipline of identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems.
Solutions often include a systems development component, but may also consist of process improvement or organizational change or strategic planning and policy development.
The BUSINESS ANALYST, acting as a diplomatic liaison between the business and technical groups, analyzes competing business needs and develops plans to implement the projects that support stakeholder objectives.
Corporations are fighting to survive in these lean economic times.
According to Meta Group Research, 60-80% of project failures can be attributed directly to poor requirements gathering, analysis, and management.
It is no surprise then, that demand is at an all time high for qualified BUSINESS ANALYSTS who can truly and effectively determine business requirements and align business objectives between IT teams and their client stakeholders .
In this introductory course, you will learn the role and responsibilities of the BUSINESS ANALYST -- a critical player in achieving project success in the communication link between all business areas.
You will learn techniques for ensuring project success every step of the way; from identifying and analyzing potential projects to making sure that the final project product meets the requirements you identified.
Through hands-on exercises, you will learn to define the Requirements Charter and to master requirements elicitation techniques that are effective for a wide variety of projects and audiences.
You will consider the unique needs of customers, stakeholders, executives and the IT department as you work toward building, documenting, communicating, and managing requirements.
NOTE: This class is built upon the International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA): Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
Who Should Attend?
Anyone wanting to enhance his/her business analysis skills including:
* Application Support Analysts
* Business Analysts
* Business Consultants
* Business Customers, Users or Partners
* Business Systems Analysts
* IT Business Analysts
* IT Project Managers
* Leader of Systems Projects or Teams
* Programmer Analysts
* Project Analysts
* Project Consultants
* Project Leaders
* Program Managers
* Project Managers
* QA Professionals
* QA Specialists
* Requirements Analysts
* Requirements Engineers
* Senior Business Consultants
* Senior Project Managers
* Senior Technical Business Analysts
* Systems Analysts
* Systems Architects or Designers
* Systems or Application Developers
* Software Engineers
* Systems Testers
* Team Leaders
- Section 1: Introduction to Business Analysis - While people have been performing the Business Analyst role in organizations for several decades, differing definitions of the role abound. In fact, it is only recently that business analysis has been recognized as a profession in its own right. You will start the workshop by exploring some of these differing definitions, as well as gaining a clearer view of where the industry appears to be heading and some emerging common standards for the profession.
- Section 2: Enterprise Analysis - Enterprise analysis by a Business Analyst is a method used to identify and define why an organizational change is needed. As a business or enterprise develops, it evolves to meet the needs and objectives of its' founders. As time goes by, it can grow so large that it becomes overburdened by too many products, or too many divisions, or too many management levels or a multitude of other problems. It may lose sight of its' original goals, and fail to recognize new business opportunities. Enterprise analysis allows the Business Analyst to correctly align the project requirements with the strategic objectives and metrics of the organization to assure project success. During this section of the course, you will learn practical techniques that produce keen, relevant, and useful insights for the business organization and your ability to communicate those to Senior Management.
- Section 3: Requirements Planning and Management - Requirements planning and management involves planning the requirements development process, determining which requirements are the highest priority for implementation, and managing change. Because the Requirements process is a project unto itself --it takes a project to plan a project--, it is critical to clearly understand the objectives and the steps required to achieve those objectives. This assures that limited resources (money, materials, machinery, & manpower) are not wasted. This section provides an overview and introduction to crucial business analysis activities by demonstrating common techniques for identifying the roles and responsibilities for your workgroup, detailing the tasks and activities required to build your documentation, and managing the overall changes that occur throughout the requirements lifecycle.
|I recently attended the Business Analysis Essentials class. The course was insightful and provided many useful tools than I can carry with me in the future. One in particular is the 2-10-30 drill. Attending the class will put me in a better position to take the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) exam. |
Jennifer Maier, Senior Technical Business Analyst http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifermaier
- Section 4: Requirements Elicitation - Elicitation is a methodology which uses a group of techniques to identify needs and goals while reconciling difference among stakeholders to ultimately derive a mutually acceptable and achievable requirement. Needless to say, it is usually an iterative process evolving over time. In this section of the workshop, you will hone your ability to connect with project stakeholders at all levels using effective verbal and nonverbal techniques. You will also identify and practice overcoming sources of misunderstanding, which are vital for requirements validation.
- Section 5: Requirements Analysis - The task of requirements analysis is to take all the information gleaned from elicitation and research, and develop and specify that information in enough detail to permit successful implementation by a project team. Since requirements are generally too large and complex to be easily comprehended and implemented as a single entity, it makes sense to break them down or decompose them into logical groups. Each group can then be addressed and acted upon individually. You will examine the inherent analysis challenges and learn effective techniques to analyze and improve your requirements.
- Section 6: Requirements Communication - Requirements Communication requires a documentation plan that encompasses all the stakeholders that are party to the requirements. For the documentation to be effective it must satisfy several requirements. Communicating these requirements involves much more than information exchange; at its best, it is a process of negotiation, validation and consensus building. Examining the inherent communication challenges will help you confidently choose the best ways to achieve your communication goals and gain the stakeholder buy-in required for successful requirements management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Section 7: Requirements Validation - Requirements Validation is about assuring that the solution created meets the requirements as they were stated by the stakeholders and documented by the Statement of Work (SOW). The most effective business analysis goes beyond defining project scope and specifying requirements, it includes an assessment of whether the specified solution meets the stakeholders needs. In this final section of the course, you will explore the concept of acceptance criteria and some of the validation activities that BAs can perform on projects. You will review key task for solution assessment and validation, and you will have an opportunity to practice some ways to validate solution effectiveness.
Summary of Benefits: Click Here To Order Now
Specifically, you will learn how to...
* Identify Business Analysis (BA) Concepts and Activities in Your Organization,
* Evaluate the Essential Skills of a Business Analyst,
* Explore and Understand Common Differences in Work and Communication Styles and How They affect Interactions on a Project,
* Compile an Individual Professional Skills Inventory,
* Produce an Individual Professional Growth Plan,
* Analyze the Business Environment in which Your Project Occurs,
* Propose Project Scope Based on Your Analysis of a Business Architecture, Feasibility Study, and Risk Assessment,
* Assess the Feasibility of a Project,
* Practice Project Initiation Techniques to Clarify Project Scope,
* Identify Project Assumptions and Constraints,
* Define Team Roles and Work Division Strategy,
* Plan Requirements Activities for a Project,
* Plan Scope and Requirements Change Management,
* Choose Elicitation Techniques,
* Review Requirements Elicitation and Discovery Methods,
* Practice Soliciting and Validating Information from Project Stakeholders,
* Work as a Team to Document Project Scope using Context Diagramming,
* Understand Activity Decomposition and Modeling with Simple Graphical Methods,
* Hone Your Problem Identification, Definition, and Solving Capabilities,
* Choose Techniques to Structure, Model, and Analyze Requirements
* Draft a Requirements Communication Plan
* Review Documentation Formats and Presentation Techniques,
* Determine How Best to Present Your Findings to Business Stakeholders, and Prepare for Effective Interactions,
* Improve and Sustain Stakeholder Engagement,
* Determine Requirements Verification and Validation Activities,
* Prepare for Requirements Presentation and Sign-off,
* Determine Solution Assessment and Validation Activities,
* Assess Your Individual and Team Communication Effectiveness,
About Onsite Targeted Training:
Onsite targeted training refers to instruction at a learning environment located on your premises or a facility of your choice.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
If you are responsible for choosing training for your organization, you know how difficult it is to find a training provider who is an expert you can rely on, is easy to work with, will work within your training budget - and can deliver exactly what theyve promised.
Thats where we come in. Not only will we provide you with world-class training thats earned us the enviable reputation as one of Americas leading training companies, we make it incredibly convenient!
With Onsite Targeted Training, you choose the time and the place, and we will be there with a skill-building training program tailored to your organizations unique needs.
Key Benefits Include:
* Onsite Targeted Training delivers a great Return on Investment (ROI):
Onsite targeted training is the perfect choice for companies that need to train groups of employees - from 4 to 400 or more. You get a maximum number of employees trained in new skills in a minimal amount of time. They receive the same message at the same time, creating synergy to the learning experience that gets everyone on the same page.
* Onsite Targeted Training addresses your unique skill-building challenges:
All our programs are tailored to your specific needs by evaluating your organizations skills and practices, and making recommendations for improvement. You choose a core topic from the literally hundreds we have to offer, and we work with you to tailor the training to solve the business challenges youre facing and cover the exact issues you want. We can even design a new course specifically for your organization.
* Onsite Targeted Training increases morale and loyalty, and lowers absenteeism:
Onsite training not only improves your employees skills, it inspires them to pull together as a team and creates a greater sense of job satisfaction. It lets them know you are investing in their future and as a result your organization realizes higher morale, lower absenteeism, and greater company loyalty from your team members.
* Onsite Targeted Training provides flexibility in location, format, and scheduling:
Onsite training can be held anywhere: your headquarters, a branch office, a nearby conference center or hotel, or even at your company retreat or conference. You also have options in format: half-day sessions, full day, two-day programs or ongoing modules. Finally, you have flexibility in scheduling. Training can be delivered any day of the week, nights, weekends and even holidays. Whatever makes it the most convenient and cost effective for your organization.
* Onsite Targeted Training maximizes your effectiveness through customization:
Training designed specifically for your organization and customized to cover industry-specific knowledge.
* Onsite Targeted Training improves with Executive Overview:
The instructor can meet with your management team to provide an overview of the course materials and the content of training sessions. This will ensure consistency in your organizations education and training strategy.
HOW DOES ONSITE TRAINING WORK?
Step 1: Contact Us with any pre-class training questions you might have.
Step 2: When you are ready to Purchase the Class, click on the PayPal button below.
Step 3: You will be redirected through our order tracking system (PayDotCom) to PayPal.
Step 4: Once you have completed your PayPal transaction, you will be redirected to our Course Scheduling page where you can download the class contents.
Step 5: We will contact you about Course Setup Dates and other logistics (such as travel, if needed).
Step 6: We will setup and execute our proprietary Targeted Training Assessment.
Step 7: We will deliver the Onsite Targeted Training course.
Step 8: After you complete the class and the course evaluation, everyone will receive a Course Completion Certificate.
WHY ARE WE ONE-OF-A-KIND?
We make the training process easy (EZ) for you.
All of our training programs can be tailored to your specific needs by evaluating your organizations skills and practices, and making recommendations for improvement.
We will work with you in pulling together organizational information that will allow us to tailor content to your specific industry, needs and audience.
You trainer will also speak with you directly to gain additional feedback and further personalize the material.
In short, you can expect:
* Cost-Effective and Convenient Training Delivery
* No cost or lost time for travel and lodging
* Courses delivered at the location and time of your choice
* Minimal disruption in workflow during employee training
* Training completed in a short amount of time
* Content can be customized to address the specific challenges faced by your employees
* Employees will use the same terminology, which will foster collaboration
* Questions about daily challenges are discussed and dealt with as a team
* Standardized training can be provided at all company locations in the United States and worldwide
* A well-defined curriculum development process
* An experienced development staff and trainer
* Continual feedback and curriculum prototyping to stay on track
* Well managed project timelines and on time delivery
* Guaranteed results.
|We Guarantee Customer Satisfaction.|
Because we guarantee customer satisfaction, our approach is to assure you are comfortable BEFORE you invest your time in the class. Once you have decided to purchase our product, we will contact you directly to explain how the system works and if you are still interested, we will schedule with you to take the course.
Practical Pricing Information
We recognize how competitive the training world is and that in order to win your business we must provide tremendous value for the money you spend with us.
First, we believe our training materials and approach are world-class and exceed those of our rivals.
Second, our starting price of $7987.00 covering 4 students for a 4 Day class presented with this level of professional training is extremely competitive.
Finally, for organizations wishing to train more than 4 students, we offer generous quantity based, early payment discounts.
Look at it this way -- $7987.00 is really a painless drop in the bucket to be able to get your hands on ..The Business Analysis Essentials Onsite Training Course.. and start using it right away to improve your organization!
You Really Can’t Afford Not To Invest In It's easy to get started right away. Just click the order link below. Click here to order right now for only $7987.00 (even if it’s 3:00 am in the morning).
“..The Business Analysis Essentials Onsite Training Course..”
|The Business Analysis Essentials course is an excellent learning experience for both those new to Business Analysis and those with years of experience. It establishes a strong foundation upon which a successful career can be built. For myself it was the 2-10-30 drill for eliciting requirements that I will begin using immediately. |
Sheldon Fliegelman, Business Analyst http://www.linkedin.com/in/sheldonfliegelman
|I took a Business Analysis course from Rick and found him to be very knowledgeable in the subject and a great instructor. He made the class meaningful and relevant to real world business projects. I have been able to identify business needs and critical issues at my current place of employment and communicate more effectively with all members of a project team because of his class. |
Michealia VanScoy, Programmer Analyst: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michealia-vanscoy/17/864/320
Onsite training is becoming more and more common today as organizations are looking for ways to train their personnel without having to pay for travel.
The prevalence of computers today have made onsite training easier than ever before.
There are many advantages to this type of training that benefit not only the organization but also the employee who is being trained.
One of the primary benefits is the ability to be trained in an environment that is familiar.
Many studies have shown that people who are trained in a familiar environment learn better than those who are in an unfamiliar environment.
When you are able to learn in a familiar environment the student will be better able to focus on the new material instead of their surroundings.
In addition, having training onsite is preferential because of the cost savings.
Instead of paying to send people to receive training elsewhere, organizations are choosing to train onsite because it saves a lot of money.
Even if the organization has to pay for people to come to them or has to pay for a program, this is usually much more affordable than paying for several people to travel whenever training is necessary.
Why not you?
Don't you owe it to yourself to try ..The Business Analysis Essentials Onsite Training Course.. today?
Richard Frederick, PMP, MCP P.S. Training Pays Off...Particularly When Times Are Tough
Studies show that training has a positive impact on performance, for both students and their companies.
Benefits of training include maintaining a competitive position, improving quality and productivity, and increasing employee retention and morale.
Research also shows that training is even more important during times of economic stress.
During these times, companies pay extra attention to every dollar spent and every dollar made.
This is especially true for IT organizations, where technology advances at a gallop and the cost of keeping up is relentlessly weighed against potential productivity gains.
Companies must maximize their return on IT hardware and software investments.
Performance must be finely tuned.
Employees must have the skills to get the most out of their organizations network, applications, data centers, operating systems, managed services, and other IT infrastructures.
P.P.S Get Reimbursed For Training
Its All About Value
You know you need training; the trick today is how to pay for it and work it into your demanding schedule.
Staffing and budgets are flat or declining, but the IT workload is rising. Yet even with todays lean budgets, many IT professionals are getting the valuable training they need by locating training funds hidden in the most interesting places.
You can, too.
Many companies offer tuition reimbursement programs for their employees.
These companies view continuing education as a plus for the companys bottom line.
Employees who keep up their knowledge and skills tend to be more productive; employees working in a company that fosters employee growth tend to be more loyal to that company.
How To Determine Whether Your Company Offers Tuition Reimbursement
Considered an employee benefit, tuition reimbursement programs are often managed by the human resources (HR) department. In some cases, they may be tied to each departments training budget.
Talk with your manager or your HR office to see if your company has a tuition program.
Program requirements vary from company to company, so review the requirements carefully.
Some corporate policies state that reimbursement is available only as part of a degree program; some require a letter certifying course completion; and some have a golden handcuffs clause that requires repayment if you leave the company within a certain timeframe after your reimbursed training.
There can also be restrictions in that the reimbursement amount is tied to the letter grade received on the course.
If you have any questions about this course, please Contact Us.