Project Management Essentials
Master Project Management
Improve your Project Management Skill Set through this one-of-a-kind how-to approach!
4x4 Onsite Targeted Training Course (4 Students for 4 Days)
From: Richard Frederick, PMP, MCP
Saturday 12:59 PM
Dear Friend, Project management is the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
A project is a temporary endeavor, having a defined beginning and end (usually constrained by date, but can be by funding or deliverables), undertaken to meet unique goals and objectives, usually to bring about beneficial change or added value.
The temporary nature of projects stands in contrast to business as usual (or operations), which are repetitive, permanent or semi-permanent functional work to produce products or services. In practice, the management of these two systems is often found to be quite different, and as such requires the development of distinct technical skills and the adoption of separate management.
The primary challenge of project management is to achieve all of the project goals and objectives while honoring the preconceived project constraints. Typical constraints are scope, time, and budget.
The secondary, and more ambitious, challenge is to optimize the allocation and integration of inputs necessary to meet pre-defined objectives.
In this introductory course, you will learn key concepts and the language used by those involved in project management.
You will learn techniques for ensuring success every step of the way; from initiating and planning projects to making sure that the final product meets the requirements you identified.
Through hands-on exercises, you will learn to master project management techniques that are effective for a wide variety of industries and audiences.
You will consider the unique needs of key stakeholders: customers, shareholders, employees, vendor partners, and the community as you work toward analyzing, building, and documenting the project plan.
NOTE: The class is built around the Project Management Institute (PMI): Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
Who Should Attend?
Anyone wanting to enhance their strategic planning skills including:
* Application Support Analysts
* Business Analysts
* Business Consultants
* Business Customers, Users or Partners
* Business Intelligence
* Business Systems Analysts
* IT Business Analysts
* IT Project Managers
* Leader of Systems Projects or Teams
* Management Consultants
* Portfolio Managers
* Programmer Analysts
* Project Analysts
* Project Consultants
* Project Leaders
* Program Managers
* Project Managers
* QA Professionals
* QA Specialists
* Requirements Analysts
* Requirements Engineers
* Senior Business Consultants
* Senior Project Managers
* Senior Technical Business Analysts
* Systems Analysts
* Systems Architects or Designers
* Systems or Application Developers
* Software Engineers
* Systems Testers
* Team Leaders
- Section 1: Introduction to Project Management - Project Management is a universally recognized discipline that encompasses the application of skills, knowledge, tools, and processes required to meet the expectations and needs of key stakeholders. As an effective project manager, you organize scarce resources, work under tight deadlines, control project change and generate maximum team performance. Through a targeted personalized case study, you learn how to successfully plan, manage and deliver your own projects. You also learn how to implement project management processes, develop leadership skills and respond to real-world scenarios. At the end of the course, you have working documents for use back at the office.
- Section 2: Project Initiation - The initiation processes determine the nature and scope of the project. If this stage is not performed well, it is unlikely that the project will be successful in meeting the business? needs. The key project controls needed here are an understanding of the business environment and making sure that all necessary controls are incorporated into the project. Any deficiencies should be reported and a recommendation should be made to fix them.
- Section 3: Project Planning - After the initiation stage, the project is planned to an appropriate level of detail. The main purpose is to plan time, cost and resources adequately to estimate the work needed and to effectively manage risk during project execution. As with the Initiation process group, a failure to adequately plan greatly reduces the project's chances of successfully accomplishing its goals.
|Richard is an outstanding instructor with a thorough understanding of how to take the Project Management Framework and convert theory into practices. His design of forms and processes that meet and exceed the Project Management Book of Knowledge, PMBOK, discussions of best practices makes him one of the true leaders in Project Management. I would recommend him to any corporation that is just starting to form the Project Management Office|
Maximilian Steinbuchel, MBA, CCEA, PMP http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maximilian-steinbuchel-mba-ccea-pmp/4/357/131
- Section 4: Project Execution - Executing consists of the processes used to complete the work defined in the project management plan to accomplish the project's requirements. Execution process involves coordinating people and resources, as well as integrating and performing the activities of the project in accordance with the project management plan. The deliverables are produced as outputs from the processes performed as defined in the project management plan.
- Section 5: Project Control - Monitoring and controlling consists of those processes performed to observe project execution so that potential problems can be identified in a timely manner and corrective action can be taken, when necessary, to control the execution of the project. The key benefit is that project performance is observed and measured regularly to identify variances from the project management plan.
- Section 6: Project Close - Closing includes the formal acceptance of the project and the ending thereof. Administrative activities include the archiving of the files and documenting lessons learned.
Summary of Benefits: Click Here To Order Now
Specifically, you will learn...
* The fundamental skills project managers need to be effective
* Why business and project alignment is essential for project management success
* How to create project plans that leverage the input, understanding, and support of your stakeholders
* Why getting the most from your project team means getting the right players as well as developing them
* How controlling change, not resisting it, will ensure that changes are beneficial - and how to manage it!
* How to describe the project management framework, including the five processes groups and nine knowledge areas
* Define roles and responsibilities of each project stakeholder and discuss the importance of collaboration to better manage projects
* Develop a scope statement to establish the project baseline
* Learn how to identify and quantify risks and develop risk-mitigating strategies in a risk management plan
* Estimate tasks using top-down and bottom-up methods
* Complete a work breakdown structure (WBS)
* Understand how to read Project Network Diagrams (Gantt and PERT)
* Control projects using project tracking techniques, while recognizing common obstacles to project tracking
* Discuss issues related to effective communications and develop a Communications Plan
* Distinguish between status, progress and forecasting reports and learn how to choose the most appropriate report for each stakeholder
* Understand the importance of Quality Planning, Quality Assurance and Quality Control
* Describe the importance of formally closing projects, celebrating successes and completing lessons learned sessions
* Describe three issues behind "scope creep" and apply four effective change management strategies
* Understand the importance of managing conflict and describe the five key conflict management techniques
* Learn the key to successful closure
About Onsite Targeted Training:
Onsite targeted training refers to instruction at a learning environment located on your premises or a facility of your choice.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
If you are responsible for choosing training for your organization, you know how difficult it is to find a training provider who is an expert you can rely on, is easy to work with, will work within your training budget - and can deliver exactly what theyve promised.
Thats where we come in. Not only will we provide you with world-class training thats earned us the enviable reputation as one of Americas leading training companies, we make it incredibly convenient!
With Onsite Targeted Training, you choose the time and the place, and we will be there with a skill-building training program tailored to your organizations unique needs.
Key Benefits Include:
* Onsite Targeted Training delivers a great Return on Investment (ROI):
Onsite targeted training is the perfect choice for companies that need to train groups of employees - from 4 to 400 or more. You get a maximum number of employees trained in new skills in a minimal amount of time. They receive the same message at the same time, creating synergy to the learning experience that gets everyone on the same page.
* Onsite Targeted Training addresses your unique skill-building challenges:
All our programs are tailored to your specific needs by evaluating your organizations skills and practices, and making recommendations for improvement. You choose a core topic from the literally hundreds we have to offer, and we work with you to tailor the training to solve the business challenges youre facing and cover the exact issues you want. We can even design a new course specifically for your organization.
* Onsite Targeted Training increases morale and loyalty, and lowers absenteeism:
Onsite training not only improves your employees skills, it inspires them to pull together as a team and creates a greater sense of job satisfaction. It lets them know you are investing in their future and as a result your organization realizes higher morale, lower absenteeism, and greater company loyalty from your team members.
* Onsite Targeted Training provides flexibility in location, format, and scheduling:
Onsite training can be held anywhere: your headquarters, a branch office, a nearby conference center or hotel, or even at your company retreat or conference. You also have options in format: half-day sessions, full day, two-day programs or ongoing modules. Finally, you have flexibility in scheduling. Training can be delivered any day of the week, nights, weekends and even holidays. Whatever makes it the most convenient and cost effective for your organization.
* Onsite Targeted Training maximizes your effectiveness through customization:
Training designed specifically for your organization and customized to cover industry-specific knowledge.
* Onsite Targeted Training improves with Executive Overview:
The instructor can meet with your management team to provide an overview of the course materials and the content of training sessions. This will ensure consistency in your organizations education and training strategy.
HOW DOES ONSITE TRAINING WORK?
Step 1: Contact Us with any pre-class training questions you might have.
Step 2: When you are ready to Purchase the Class, click on the PayPal button below.
Step 3: You will be redirected through our order tracking system (PayDotCom) to PayPal.
Step 4: Once you have completed your PayPal transaction, you will be redirected to our Course Scheduling page where you can download the class contents.
Step 5: We will contact you about Course Setup Dates and other logistics (such as travel, if needed).
Step 6: We will setup and execute our proprietary Targeted Training Assessment.
Step 7: We will deliver the Onsite Targeted Training course.
Step 8: After you complete the class and the course evaluation, everyone will receive a Course Completion Certificate.
WHY ARE WE ONE-OF-A-KIND?
We make the training process easy (EZ) for you.
All of our training programs can be tailored to your specific needs by evaluating your organizations skills and practices, and making recommendations for improvement.
We will work with you in pulling together organizational information that will allow us to tailor content to your specific industry, needs and audience.
You trainer will also speak with you directly to gain additional feedback and further personalize the material.
In short, you can expect:
* Cost-Effective and Convenient Training Delivery
* No cost or lost time for travel and lodging
* Courses delivered at the location and time of your choice
* Minimal disruption in workflow during employee training
* Training completed in a short amount of time
* Content can be customized to address the specific challenges faced by your employees
* Employees will use the same terminology, which will foster collaboration
* Questions about daily challenges are discussed and dealt with as a team
* Standardized training can be provided at all company locations in the United States and worldwide
* A well-defined curriculum development process
* An experienced development staff and trainer
* Continual feedback and curriculum prototyping to stay on track
* Well managed project timelines and on time delivery
* Guaranteed results.
|We Guarantee Customer Satisfaction.|
Because we guarantee customer satisfaction, our approach is to assure you are comfortable BEFORE you invest your time in the class. Once you have decided to purchase our product, we will contact you directly to explain how the system works and if you are still interested, we will schedule with you to take the course.
Practical Pricing Information
We recognize how competitive the training world is and that in order to win your business we must provide tremendous value for the money you spend with us.
First, we believe our training materials and approach are world-class and exceed those of our rivals.
Second, our starting price of $7987.00 covering 4 Students for a 4 Day class presented with this level of professional training is extremely competitive.
Finally, for organizations wishing to train more than 4 students, we offer generous quantity based, early payment discounts.
Look at it this way -- $7987.00 is really a painless drop in the bucket to be able to get your hands on ..The Project Management Essentials Onsite Training Course.. and start using it right away to improve your organization!
You Really Can’t Afford Not To Invest In It's easy to get started right away. Just click the order link below. Click here to order right now for only $7987.00 (even if it’s 3:00 am in the morning).
“..The Project Management Essentials Onsite Training Course..”
|Richard conducted at three day course on Project Management at VMware in March 2010. The class was very well run and Richard brought many personal experiences and stories to liven up what many regard as "dry" course material. My key take way from his class was how to better communicate and manage "up" to project sponsors in different phases of a project.|
Robert Novak, Senior Engineer http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-novak/1/8b1/1
|Richard was a Great Teacher of the Project Management course i attended. But the knowledge and Information he provided far exceeds just Project Management. If you have a chance to take a class with Him. I urge you to do so. You will not be dissappointed and will walk away with a Greater knowledge of information IT related.|
Bill Baker, IT Coordinator http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bill-baker/15/336/58b
|Rick is simply the best project management trainer with strong knowledge of project management fundamentals and how business operates. I learned a lot on how to manage risk in projects in his classes. I strongly recommend folks to attend his project and risk management training classes.|
Jitendra Sharma, Team Lead http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jitendra-sharma/14/683/a44
|Richard is an excellent instructor/ trainer. He is a walking encyclopedia of practical knowldege! He readily and successfully tranmits learning instruction, advice and industry nuances with an interesting and engaging style.|
Carlos Mongiello, Project Manager http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmongiello
Onsite training is becoming more and more common today as organizations are looking for ways to train their personnel without having to pay for travel.
The prevalence of computers today have made onsite training easier than ever before.
There are many advantages to this type of training that benefit not only the organization but also the employee who is being trained.
One of the primary benefits is the ability to be trained in an environment that is familiar.
Many studies have shown that people who are trained in a familiar environment learn better than those who are in an unfamiliar environment.
When you are able to learn in a familiar environment the student will be better able to focus on the new material instead of their surroundings.
In addition, having training onsite is preferential because of the cost savings.
Instead of paying to send people to receive training elsewhere, organizations are choosing to train onsite because it saves a lot of money.
Even if the organization has to pay for people to come to them or has to pay for a program, this is usually much more affordable than paying for several people to travel whenever training is necessary.
Why not you?
Don't you owe it to yourself to try ..The Project Management Essentials Onsite Training Course.. today?
Richard Frederick, PMP, MCP P.S. Training Pays Off...Particularly When Times Are Tough
Studies show that training has a positive impact on performance, for both students and their companies.
Benefits of training include maintaining a competitive position, improving quality and productivity, and increasing employee retention and morale.
Research also shows that training is even more important during times of economic stress.
During these times, companies pay extra attention to every dollar spent and every dollar made.
This is especially true for IT organizations, where technology advances at a gallop and the cost of keeping up is relentlessly weighed against potential productivity gains.
Companies must maximize their return on IT hardware and software investments.
Performance must be finely tuned.
Employees must have the skills to get the most out of their organizations network, applications, data centers, operating systems, managed services, and other IT infrastructures.
P.P.S Get Reimbursed For Training
Its All About Value
You know you need training; the trick today is how to pay for it and work it into your demanding schedule.
Staffing and budgets are flat or declining, but the IT workload is rising. Yet even with todays lean budgets, many IT professionals are getting the valuable training they need by locating training funds hidden in the most interesting places.
You can, too.
Many companies offer tuition reimbursement programs for their employees.
These companies view continuing education as a plus for the companys bottom line.
Employees who keep up their knowledge and skills tend to be more productive; employees working in a company that fosters employee growth tend to be more loyal to that company.
How To Determine Whether Your Company Offers Tuition Reimbursement
Considered an employee benefit, tuition reimbursement programs are often managed by the human resources (HR) department. In some cases, they may be tied to each departments training budget.
Talk with your manager or your HR office to see if your company has a tuition program.
Program requirements vary from company to company, so review the requirements carefully.
Some corporate policies state that reimbursement is available only as part of a degree program; some require a letter certifying course completion; and some have a golden handcuffs clause that requires repayment if you leave the company within a certain timeframe after your reimbursed training.
There can also be restrictions in that the reimbursement amount is tied to the letter grade received on the course.
If you have any questions about this course, please Contact Us.